When summer rolls around in Brisbane, it’s not just the sun that stings. No matter how consistent you are with wiping down your bench, sweeping the floor, or keeping the doors shut, pests continue to make an appearance for many Brisbane dwellers. Eventually, it comes time to book in your pest control service.
If you’ve made your booking, we’re sure you’re feeling calmer already knowing you’ve handed your problem over to the experts. To keep organised, you can do a few things to prepare your home for pest control.
Before Your Pest Control Service
Let’s start with what you need to do before your home pest control.
- Tell your operator any locations around your home that you think may have a pest infestation.
- Remove any obstructions like furniture or devices in spots you believe have an infestation. This improves your pest operators ability to inspect the suspected infestation thoroughly.
- Remove any other obstructions or messes that could impede on the pest operators ability to complete their job.
- To prevent chemicals from harming your belongings, cover all your furniture and appliances with plastic.
- Ensure all food items are stored in sealed containers. This prevents chemicals from contaminating them. It’s also a good habit to continue beyond your pest control service to reduce your risks of pests re-entering your home. This is especially pertinent for Brisbane homes – a safe habitat for pests during the summer season.
- Pack away clothes to avoid exposure to chemicals during your pest control service.
During Your Pest Control Service
Once your pest control professional starts working, it’s best practice to keep out of their way. Limiting interruptions helps them complete their job safely and effectively. Plus, to ensure your safety from chemicals, you may be required to leave the house during your treatment.
In Brisbane, pest control becomes a necessity for many homes. While a pest infestation can happen at any time of the year, summer can be a particularly challenging pest season for many Brisbane dwellers. If you’re struggling to keep up with the pests invading your home, Cure All Pest Control is here to help. We are trusted by more than 10,000 residential properties in Brisbane, Ipswich and the Gold Coast to fulfil all their pest control needs. Find out more about our many pest control services available, or contact us for more information.