Seven Tips On How to Keep Termites Away From Your Home
Termites are disastrous because they can do serious damage to your home, so here at Cureall Pest Control we thought we would give you some helpful tips on how to keep termites away from your home.
1. Make sure that none of your garden beds are in contact with your outside wall, they should be at least two metres away.
2. Get rid of any old tree stumps on your property, tree stumps are an attractive nesting site for termites.
3. Use concrete rather than wood when you can in your garden
4. Store any timber or firewood off the ground and as far from your house as possible, stored wood is a magnet for termites.
5. Make sure any water outflows, like aircon units and hot water systems, drain away from building, moisture is another termite attractor.
6. If building with wood, make sure no wood touches the ground. Use steel mounts to elevate wood.
7. Inspect your house for telltale signs as often as possible, it is best to stop termite infestations as soon as you can.
If you follow all of the above tips then you lessen your chances of termites attacking your property.
Cure All Pest Control is a pest control company servicing Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine coast in Queensland, Australia.